jueves, 9 de octubre de 2014

Zoos

Two years ago I went with my parents, my brother and some friends to Cabarceno´s nature park in Santander. Cabarceno is an enormous kind of zoo where you can go with your own car and do a safari. This surprised me because I had never been so close to wild animals including some endangered animals. Since I did this tour, I’m in love with the animal kingdom. We used the cable car where we could see all the breed animal without danger.
I loved seeing the giraffes, bears, dangerous snakes, rhinos..But what I really liked was that this zoo had some conservation ideas and an animal protection charity. Moreover, this zoo collected animals that their habitat has been destroyed.
It’s true that some animals have behavioural problems due to being locked in a cage, but I prefer to think that animals are better cared for there than in their natural habitat. After visiting those animals, I changed my mind about zoos, because I thought zoos were prisons but I could see the opposite. They don’t endanger animals, they only wish the animals have been the best in a suitable location.
I could see there a family of Iberian lynx and it made me think that they really protect species. Some zoos are actually doing something to try to conserve endangered species and this is an example.
The zoo was very keen on our education about conservation and now I ‘m very interested
in this issue. It made me think differently.

Now we are in a society too well-off but we should think more about animals that are helpless and affected by the atrocities of humans.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario